The easiest way to appeal is using our online form. Before you appeal please check that you are eligible to appeal.
Information you will need to supply
Before you appeal, we recommend that you gather all records of your dealings with the public authority in relation to your request. If you have these records available in electronic form you will be able to upload them. If you are unable to do this, you can still appeal online and email or post them to us.
- Your request for environmental information
- Any correspondence from the public authority saying that it extended the time in which to process your request
- The public authority's decision on your request
- Your request for an internal review of the decision
- The public authority's decision on your request for an internal review
- If appropriate, evidence that you are eligible to pay a reduced fee (e.g. medial card)
- If appropriate, evidence that you are authorized to appeal on behalf of another person or persons (including an unincorporated association or a legal person such as a company)
- The standard appeal fee is €50
- A reduced appeal fee of €15 applies if you hold a medical card or are the dependent of someone who holds a medical card
- Payment can be made online, through this website, by credit/debit card. Alternatively, payment can be made by post
Please note that it is not possible to save a partly completed appeal form and revisit it later. You must make a complete appeal in a single session. Follow the guidelines below so that you are prepared.
Appeal by post
Ready to make your appeal online?
- Please download the appeal form and fill it in
- Post it or drop it into the following address: OCEI, 18 Lower Leeson Street, Dublin 2, D02 HE97